By joining the team at VicSRC, everything you do will help empower young people to feel confident and make change at schools. You’ll do meaningful work and make a massive impact on the lives of students!
In return, we offer:
VicSRC is seeking an experienced project manager with digital communications know-how, solid understanding of human centred design and the ability to translate digital jargon into plain English and back again. VicSRC is increasing our digital resources and services to be more accessible and create further impact so students across Victoria get the education they want and need. This is a hands-on role with the opportunity to solve complex design challenges and lead the development of innovative new digital products and services.
About the candidate
We are looking for someone who is creative, motivated and willing to play an active part in a collaborative and close-knit team. Working alongside school aged students, and a hardworking staff team; you will bring to the role experience in managing collaborative digital projects, a human centred design approach and experience working with children and /or young people.
You will have
- Experience designing engaging and accessible digital products.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to lead a diverse team.
- Experience with user centred design, preferably with children and young people.
Key selection criteria
1. Relevant tertiary experience in design and/or web technologies, or 5+ years experience working in a relevant field.
2. Demonstrated experience managing complex digital projects for diverse stakeholders.
3. Demonstrated experience in human centred design practice.
4. Demonstrated understanding of development project lifecycles and methodologies
5. Experience translating non-technical requirements into digital products.
6. Demonstrated ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
7. Demonstrated understanding of the importance of remaining up-to-date with new technologies and industry standards.
2. Experience working with children/and young people.
3. Experience with marketing and SEO.
VicSRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People with disabilities, people from diverse backgrounds and experiences, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply for this position.
VicSRC promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children and young people, including those with a disability, those who are Aboriginal or those from refugee or migrant backgrounds. We take child protection very seriously. All employees are subject to screening and assessment against child safety standards, including rigorous background, identity and reference checks. The successful applicant will require a current Working with Children Check and Police Check (costs reimbursed) and must agree to adhere to our child safe policy and employee code of conduct.
Interviews to be held during the week of Monday 18 January in North Melbourne (subject to health advice).
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Nina Laitala, VicSRC Executive Officer on 0411 679 050.